Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lenten Journey 2014: The Tuesday of the third week of Lent

Good evening, internet. Please forgive me for not updating you all these past three days. This weekend was extremely busy as well as yesterday. But I'm back now, and I am here to catch you all up. Saturday was a glorious day. I did absolutely nothing school-related, and hung out at the pool with some friends and then hung out with some more friends in the evening. Sunday was equally glorious, in which I went to church, heard a very good sermon, then hung out with my parents almost all afternoon since they came to visit me. Yesterday began the torture yet again as classes began with a boom. I've been meditating on Christ's temptation lately, and how He was able to resist it. Christ is the example for how humanity originally was supposed to be. It helps to have an example, but what's more is that Jesus understands me at all! In my theology class, we are discussing the various misunderstandings about the natures of Jesus. The fact that Jesus is both divine and human takes a huge burden off my shoulder. I don't have to do anything. Jesus has done it all for me. That, my friends, is good news indeed.

In Christ,
Manny Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment