Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lenten Journey 2014: The Thursday after Ash Wednesday

I will be reflecting on my first day of my Lenten journey from yesterday, Ash Wednesday. I have decided to fast from my evening meal in order to draw closer to God in prayer and reading of the word of God. It went better than I had thought in my mind. When dinner came, I wasn't that hungry, to my surprise. I spent that time with a devotional for Lent, and I truly was able to reflect a bit on the Passion of Christ. It was something absolutely marvelous that I desire to do again. I know that yesterday was given to me by the Lord, but I know that every day won't be like this, but nonetheless I am prepared for whatever may come. But I ask your for your prayers, my brothers and sisters in the faith, for perseverance in the faith. See you tomorrow.

Blessed Lent,

Manny Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment