Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lenten Journey 2014: The Saturday of the fourth week of Lent

As I lay here writing this, I find myself reflecting on my Lenten journey thus far. Having reached the halfway point of this season, I realize the work God has done so far and will continue to do in this penitential season. With three weeks remaining until the Feast of the Resurrection of the Lord, I find myself being more and more directed toward the cross of Christ and finding relief and comfort in this cross. This cross, in a sense, becomes the new tree of life, and those who partake of its Fruit receive eternal life. These beautiful anti types are truly one of the most beautiful images in scripture. The fruit that Adam and Eve partook of brought death and sin to all, so the Fruit on the cross offer life and salvation to all. And with this I shall leave you tonight. 

God bless,
Manny Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment