Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lenten Journey 2014: The Thursday of the fourth week of Lent

Good evening, Internet. Today has been a marvelous day. I wanted to share with you all a quote by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a great man of God. "Suffering must be borne, so that it will pass. Either the world must bear it and go down because of it, or it falls on Christ and is overcome in Him. So Christ suffers vicariously for the world. The Son of God bore our flesh, and for that reason He bore the cross; He bore all our sins and through His bearing achieved reconciliation. So too are disciples called to be bearers. Being a Christian consists in bearing." Christ has experienced suffering. This is something that brings nothing but hope to my life. When I stumble and experience temptation, Christ understands. Whenever I feel betrayed by a close friend, Christ understands. When I lose a loved one, Christ understands. Christ understands what makes humans human. And I'm sure He saw the fallen side of humanity during His sojourn here on this earth. He must have seen how brother can betray brother and friend defraud friend. He saw the absolute evil in people. But what blows my mind is that Christ, on the cross, took that evil He saw and placed it upon Himself. He died for those who didn't even give Him a second look. If you're a sinner like me, then do I have good news for you. You are exactly the person that Christ died for.

" For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19, ESV)


God Bless,

Manny Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment