Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lenten Journey 2014: The First Sunday in Lent

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday, but things got kind of busy. But today is the first Sunday in Lent, which means that I get to relax (for today) from my fast. Each Sunday is a mini-celebration of the Resurrection, so if we're fasting, we get to let up temporarily on our fast on Sundays, which makes me happy. I'm happy that it's Sunday for other reasons, but being able to let up from my fast is good. So the first couple days of fasting have been positive. They have helped me  to realize how much I've relied on food, and is slowly giving me a renewed (and healthy) appreciation for food. Let's hope said appreciation just keeps growing during these forty days. Continue praying for me, if you would be so kind for perseverance. I shall see you all tomorrow. Thank you for joining me on my journey. 

God bless,
Manny Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment