Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lenten Journey 2014: The Wednesday before Holy Week

Good evening, Internet. Lent will soon draw to a close, and with it, these chronicles of my journey through my first Lent. It truly has been an honor to share my thoughts and reflections with you all these past forty days, but alas, all good things must come to an end. (We're not done yet, so don't fret!) I had the opportunity today to talk to two of my guy friends who I truly respect and admire. Both conversations were absolutely amazing. One of them is a sort of accountability partner, while my other friend is someone who I hadn't talked to in a while, and we just took the time to catch up and talked about pretty much whatever came to our minds. It truly made me thank God for friendship. Sure not all people will be your friend, but the people who are, and especially those who you consider good friends, are people you need to thank God for, for it is He who gave you them in the first place. It made me consider and ponder on the diversity in the Body of Christ. All of us (Christians) are in different walks of life; we all come from different ethnic backgrounds, from different countries, and from different cultures. But God is able to take a bunch of people, who in normal circumstances, wouldn't even give a second look at a person in Spain, for example. But because of Christ and what He has done for us, those of us in His Body are able to relate to each other on one thing we hold in common, which is the most important link of all: Christ. Like any family, we have our disagreements, and we may even argue sometimes. But realizing that we are all in this together and to give room for our disagreements is something that is crucial if we want to live as Christ would have us live.

"Now you [all] are the body of Christ and individually members of it" (1 Corinthians 12:27).

God bless,
Manny Tovar


No comments:

Post a Comment