Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lenten Journey 2014: The Sunday of the fifth week of Lent

Good evening, Internet. This week next Sunday begins Holy Week, the culmination of what Lent has been preparing us for: the cross of Christ. During this week before, we prepare our hearts in advance to ponder anew the sacrifice that Christ made on our behalf. I have learned much about myself this past week, and I pray to the Lord that what I learn this week will help me to recognize my need of Him even more. I have realized what a sinner I am without Christ, and what a sinner I am with Him. You may say, how are you a sinner with Christ. Just because I received Christ doesn't mean that I stop being a sinner. This is what Luther referred to as simul iustus et peccator: Simultaneously saint and sinner. And to be honest, it is one of the most freeing concepts I have ever learned about.

God bless,
Manny Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment