Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

In Memoriam

Hello, internet. Please forgive my absence these past couple of days. I have been busy, so I haven't had time to devote to y'all. But I'm back, although with a bit of a heavy and sorrowful heart. Yesterday, I had to put to rest my best four-footed friend, Jane. She awoke with a swollen abdomen, so me and my mother took her to the vet. It turns out she suffered from stomach cancer, and would only continue to suffer. Me and my mother made the difficult decision to put her to sleep. Although I am relieved she will suffer no longer, that doesn't make the pain go away quicker. I must accept the fact that I will no longer be greeted by her in the morning, nor will I see her when I return from work. And although I have her two children which she left behind, I still miss her. She was with me from when I was 12 years old until 23. I am grateful to God for the time I had with her, and have no doubt she lived a life full of love, joy, and dog snacks. I knew this time would come eventually, I just never thought it would be this soon. And though I wish so much I could spend more time with her, that would mean doing it while she would be suffering, and that is not fair to her. So in closing, I ask for prayer for me and for my family to be consoled with the comfort that only God can give through His word. And whether I will be reunited with Jane or not, that I leave up to God (although in my heart, I hope that all dogs do go to heaven).

In Christ,
Manny Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment