Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Christian Art

Good evening, Internet. Today I want to give a brief reflection on Christian art, whether in the Church or the home. Many people disregard liturgical art because of their interpretation of the First Commandment (see Exodus 20:3-4), which prohibits the making of idols for worship. The problem with this is that the context does not prohibit the use of imagery in general. I wish more churches would implement some form of Christian art in churches. When it comes to the use of imagery in homes, I am a full supporter of it. Sometime down the road, I wish to own a personal crucifix! This is a short post, and I would love to get your opinions on it!

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Manny Tovar

(Quick plug for a wonderful liturgical artist: http://www.kelly-schumacher.com/index.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment